Thursday, May 5, 2011

"New Plants"

In my teaching practice I have found some software applications that I feel very comfortable with using each and every day.  It is just like green beans in my garden.  I like the way they turn out so I plant them every year.  I love Publisher, Word is something I cannot do without, Power Point helps my students stay on task and organized, and then there is Rubicon Atlas and Pearson Inform.  I can't say I love Rubicon Atlas but rather have been required to use it.  It is one of those pieces of my garden that I "grow" for others who like it.  Do you plant things in your garden that others will eat but you won't?  I like to please others with what I grow in my garden.  Life is not just about me.  In fact, I plant and use many things that benefit others.  I am a person who likes to do what I can for others.  I guess that is why God has called me to teach.  Even though I may not like something I am still going to try it especially if it will help others.
My gardening skills can always use improvement.  I have made a plan to use at least one new software application a year with my class or if not use a new application, I will better my understanding in using an existing application in greater depth.  This year my district has added School Fusion to the list of things for us to be able to learn about.  I had a classroom web page but they have gotten rid of it and are offering training to start using School Fusion to those who are interested.  I begin my training on Monday morning as I go to a half day training to help me build my own web page.  I would really like to build a grade level web page where my whole team could contribute.  I want to share my gardening skills with others through my web page.  I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment