Friday, May 27, 2011

How Can I Share My Plants?

My garden is growing very nicely.  I am so excited to see the growth and I can't wait to share my vegetables and fruit that I am growing.  I have produced a few things and picked them to share with others in my school but I know that the things that are still growing are going to be ready in the fall after I have canned them and prepared them for others to eat.  Technology integration sells itself.  As I show my colleagues my growth they all want to grow a garden too.  It does not take anything other than a taste of my produce to get them all going and excited to start their own gardens. 
I am a leader.  I love to share what I feel good about.  I feel really good about my garden this year.  I have had good soil, sun, and water to make my garden grow and I am preparing to can and share starting fresh in the fall.
My class through IWU has taught me some new tricks to use not only during planting but most importantly after I have harvested.  I feel more confident in what I have learned and feel very prepared to continue to use things more and more and over and over again each year.  I will use the things I have learned to teach my students and coworkers so that they my start their own gardens.
I am so glad I have my IWU support group who are also expert gardeners.  Their strengths help me learn and build my skills each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment